transurfingと英語学習6
Visualization.
But in Transurfing,
it's not just about daydreaming.
It's about consciously creating what Zeland calls mental slides.
Mental slides.
I like that.
Yeah.
So it's more than just like picturing what we want.
It is about pictures,
but it's about engaging all your senses.
So imagine yourself in your desired reality.
What do you see?
What do you hear?
What do you feel?
And the more vivid and emotionally charged your mental slides,
are the more powerful, their impact on the space of variations.
So you're like creating a movie in your mind.
Exactly.”
A really compelling movie.
compelling は、人の心や注意を強烈に惹きつける状態を表します。
映画や本に対して使うと「目が離せない」「夢中になる」、理由や主張に対して使うと「納得せざるを得ない、説得力がある」という意味になります。
会話のイメージ:
A: You're creating a movie in your mind.
(心の中で映画を作っているようなものだね。)
B: A really compelling movie.
(すごく引き込まれるような映画だね。)
Right.
And it has to be so real that it can't help but become your reality.
That makes sense.
Yeah.
I have to admit, I struggle with visualization sometimes.
Yeah.
Like my mind wanders or I get stuck on the how.
心がさまよったり、やり方にこだわりすぎて行き詰まったりするんです。
my mind wanders は「意識がそれる」「雑念が入る」「集中が散漫になる」という意味の定番表現です。
get stuck on... は「〜に行き詰まる」「〜にとらわれる・ドツボにはまる」という意味です。
the how は名詞として扱われており、「実現のための『方法・手段』」を指しています。
Right.
Instead of just focusing on what I want.
That's a common challenge. It takes practice.
Okay.
So start by setting aside dedicated time each day.
set aside は、特定の目的のために「(時間・お金・場所などを)脇に確保しておく・取っておく」という時によく使うフレーズです。
時間だけでなく、set aside money(お金を貯金する・取っておく)や set aside time for family(家族のための時間を確保する)のようにも使えます。
For visualization, find a quiet place where you can relax,
close your eyes, and just let your imagination run wild. Okay.”
イメージトレーニングをするには、リラックスできる静かな場所を見つけて、目を閉じて、想像力を自由に羽ばたかせてください。いいですか?
Remember, it's not about forcing it.
It's about gently guiding your focus towards your desired reality.
Okay.
So surrender to the process.
surrender は本来「降伏する」「屈する」という意味ですが、スピリチュアルや心理学、トランサーフィンの文脈では「抵抗をやめて受け入れる」「委ねる」という前向きなニュアンスで非常によく使われます。
surrender to... で「〜に身を委ねる」「〜におまかせする」という意味になります。
Exactly.
Don't try to control every little detail.
Right. And that reminds me of the example in Reality Transurfing, of wanting to travel the world. Okay.
It's not about obsessing over how you'll get the money or plan the trip.
It's about focusing on the experience of travel itself,
the feeling of freedom and adventure.
Oh, I like that.
Right. The universe will take care of the details.
Okay.
Your job is to align with the energy of your goal, to feel the excitement and joy as if it were already happening.”
“So shift our focus from how to wow.
Exactly.
I love that.
Right.
So is there anything else besides visualization?
Absolutely.
They can help us align with those desires.
There is,
Zeland introduces some really interesting ideas
in hacking the technogenic system
about the role of our physical bodies and what we consume.
What we eat.
What we eat. He calls it live food.
Live food.
Live food. Yeah.
What is that?”